PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Organic bananas dipped in fun!


I have an Oreo cookbook that someone had given me a long time ago. I don't ever buy Oreos because we try to avoid high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils but every once in while I will pick up a package of Newman-O's when I'm at the health food store as a special treat. I had a package in my pantry the other day so I decided to dust off the Oreo cookbook and look for recipes. This is the idea I found and I just adapted the recipe with healthier options. My husband came up with the clever name, bananas dipped in fun! 
Ingredients:
Organic bananas
Organic peanut butter or any other nut butter
Newman-O's cream filled chocolate cookies
Sprinkles

Grind up cookies in food processor. Cut bananas in half. Insert popsicle stick. Spread peanut butter over banana. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs and sprinkles. Easy as that! You could also use cereal instead of cookies or try freezing them for a frozen snack. Get creative! 

My kids LOVED these, of course it's hard not to love something with sprinkles :) 

See you back in a couple of weeks, 

1 comment:

  1. Those look so yummy! And healthy to boot! What a great idea. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails