PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 22, 2011

Blissful & Domestic: The Mirabelle Purse


Hello Lovelies! Happy Monday to you all!

Here is my newest Re-purposing creation. I call it the Mirabelle Purse. I figure such a pretty purse needs an equally pretty name. Here is how you make it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my purse, which I have been using for the past few weeks, since I made it. I love it! I have gotten so many compliments on it and it seriously is holding up to all my mommy roughness. It holds snacks, my wallet, baby wipes, action figures, my little ponies, phone, tic tacs, and all those other necessities that every mom needs.

It is really simple to make and was completely re-purposed, 
which of course is my favorite kind of project.

All you need is a skirt with lining.

Photobucket

I used an old khaki skirt, which regrettably no longer fit me.

I cut out the shape above x 2

I also cut a strip from my left over skirt material. 
I sewed a running stich down the side of the strip and created a ruffle.
I used cream thread to sew it onto the front piece of my purse.

Photobucket

Next, I put the right sides together and 
sewed around the outside with a zigzag stitch.
I actually did this twice. Hoping this would help in keeping the bottom from coming undone, with all my stuff shoved into my purse.
So far so good. The bottom has not come undone.

Photobucket

Then I took a strip of brown fabric I had in my scrap box.
I measured it to the length I wanted. 
My strap is 26 inches, with 1 inch seam allowance on each side.

Photobucket

I then began making my flowers. I sewed these last, by hand.
I cut out 6 circles for each flower, from my leftover lining material.
 The first circle is your bottom.
The rest of the circles you fold into quarters and stitch into place.


Photobucket

And that is about it.
Not to many steps away from having a perfectly cute purse.

For more of my sewing ideas go HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails