- Olive Oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped turnip
- 2 large carrots, cubed
- 4 cups of chicken stock, I use free range organic
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups torn, fresh spinach
- 1 pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the store (Or make your own!)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
For those of you were like me and didn't know...This is a turnip. You can peel it with a carrot peeler before you chop it.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat and add garlic and onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add turnip and carrots and saute another 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken. I only used white meat.
- Add zuchinni and chicken and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add spinach and spices and simmer for 5-10 more minutes.
Thanks for reading!