PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 8, 2011

Splendiferous Fancy Nancy Tutu

Happy Monday All!
Are you guys ready for a little bit of girly cuteness today,
 because that is what today's tutorial is all about.
Here we go....

-------------------------------------------

Who doesn't love Fancy Nancy?
She is just too dang cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I mean with her feathers and glitter, how could any little girl not want to dress like her?

Photobucket

This being said I decided to create something fantastically, splendiferous for my Miss Priss. We decided on a Fancy Nancy SplendiferousTutu.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I started out with A LOT of white tulle and some red velvet Chirstmas Ribbon.

Photobucket

I also got my drink of choice, measuring tape, and ipod ready to go.
Every girl needs to listen to Glee while crafting.
I heard that somewhere...

Photobucket

My tulle was folded in half and was 22 inches wide.
I cut strips that were 32 inches long. Once those strips were cut,
I opened them up (no longer folded in half) and cut them down the middle.
I then ended up with about 28 strips of tulle.
You may need more or less depending on the size of tutu you are making.
I made mine for my daughter, who wears a 5t and waist measurement is 22 inches.

You will cut your ribbon 60 in. 
This allows for a nice big bow in the back.

Photobucket

You will have A LOT of strips

Photobucket

Take each strip and fold it in half
Photobucket

Now with your tulle, tie it in a slip knot onto your ribbon.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Continue doing this with each strip.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Once you have finished tying your tulle, try it on your little girl and even up the strips. I like mine a bit uneven. It gives it a fuller feel, but go with what you like.
Photobucket

Once your tutu is finished take your little girl out for some quality picture time.

 Wouldn't your little munchkin look just absolutely splendiferous in one of these fluffy tutus?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope you all enjoyed this Fancy Tutorial.
Everything was inspired by Fancy Nancy

Fancy Nancy

Hopefully you get a chance to read it with your little princess this week.

Have a wonderful week!

-Danielle
Blissful and Domestic

Oh and don't forget to check back later on today for the winner of the Two Girls Patterns Giveaway.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the theme! That's a great way to incorporate reading with fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty skirt little girl, you are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails