PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Sucker For Salads

First I'd like to apologize to Jill for missing my last scheduled post.  My daughter unexpectedly ran a fever that morning and I forgot to post it.


Since I'm on my famous 'No-Fun Diet', I'm constantly eating veggies these days, I figure the best way to keep it fresh is by creating beautiful salads.  Then I'll actually WANT to eat it (for the 5th time in a day!)  

Here's a salad I brought over to a friends house a few weeks ago.  I got the idea from Cobb salads, but there's no meat in it.



I went to A.J.'s Fine Foods, which is a gourmet grocery store here, (so gourmet, I only go once every couple of years!)  I got their bulk spring salad mix, radishes, orange bell peppers, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli and a gourmet carrot blend (included yellow and purple carrots.)  I also sprinkled a ring of sliced almonds around the rim with the broccoli.

Aubrie is a VERY picky eater.  Anytime she tries a new veggie out in a restaurant, I immediately go out and purchase her new found taste.  But alas, 9 times out of 10 she refuses to eat it at home.  So I came up with a fun way to eat a salad...Flower Power!!



Using a small heart cookie cutter, I cut heart cucumbers and arranged them as petals.  Small red and yellow sweet peppers were used for the middle of the flowers and heart leaves.  A slice of cucumber with a carrot peeler became the flower stem.  Lettuce and edemame (actually a GREAT protein item she WILL eat!!) were used for the ground.  She LOVED it, but didn't eat the peppers or lettuce...sigh...

What do you do to get your picky eater to eat?

Thanks for reading!

[profile-pic.jpg]

:) Marcy from Life's Gristle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails