PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blueberry Coconut Scones


This past week my husband asked me to bake him some scones.
Now I am all about getting in my kitchen, so I was thrilled to make these.
The problem...
part of his scone request was that they were "non candy bar" scones.

Awe man!!!!

When I bake, there is almost always some sort of chocolate involved....
that's just how I roll:-)

But I love my man! So "non candy bar" ones it was.
I dug through my cupboards, fridge, and freezer and came up with the
ingredients to make blueberry coconut scones.

They were really good, but next time...
I am throwing in some dark chocolate chunks.

Chocolate makes everything even better:-)
Can I get an amen for that???

Blueberry Coconut Scones


1 c. flour
1/2 c. oats
1/4 c. sweetened coconut
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. butter, chilled and cubed
1/4 c. coconut milk
1/4 c. vanilla yogurt
3 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 c. frozen blueberries
1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp. water
sugar

Preheat oven to 475* Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk the flour, oats, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the butter. Using a fork, mix in the butter until there are no large pieces of butter left. Pour the milk, yogurt, and syrup into the flour mixture. Stir until moistened. Gently stir in the blueberries.

For baking you have two options...

1. Pat the entire mixture into a circle on the parchment paper and flatten to about 1 inch thick. The mixture is very sticky so use a damp palm. Then cut into 6 wedges. Again it is very sticky so don't try to move the dough. You just need a score line for later. Brush the tops with the egg mixture and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut through your score marks completely. It will still be slightly undone in the center, so pull the wedges apart just slightly. Bake again for about 6-8 minutes. Slide the parchment paper onto a wire rack and cool slightly.

2. Scoop the dough into 6 clumps, and flatten with a damp palm to 1 inch thick. Brush with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 12-14 minutes. Slide paper onto wire rack to cool slightly.

Have a great Thursday!!!!

Jocelyn
Inside BruCrew Life

3 comments:

  1. Oh they sound so good....cup of tea with mine please. :o)

    Blessings,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog always create some informational and amazing things, which add in my knowledge and experience.But I am a bit confuse.A Thanks for sharing.Waiting for next post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails