PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 10, 2011

Blissful & Domestic: Black Rosette Halloween Wall Plaque

Photobucket

Hello lovelies! It's Danielle from Blissful and Domestic. I am here sharing a fun new tutorial for Halloween. I love Halloween, not the scary, I am gonna pee in my pants Halloween, but the fun glittery cutesy Halloween. Beacuse of this, my decorating reflects a more fun, playful Halloween. I love to decorate my house and enjoy this holiday with my kids. One way I love to decorate is with plates. I love that you can use them all year round, depending on how you jazz them up or down. Today I am going to share how I jazzed up some plates, for my Halloween decorating on a budget.

Photobucket

I found two plastic plates, at Target, for about $1.00 each. They were on clearance. Oh how I love Clearance at Target. We are in love always.
I took my plates and went to the dollar section of Target's scrapbooking section. Another love of mine. I got  a pack of Glitter paper (2 sheets in the pack) for .99 cents and chipboard letters. Also for .99 cents. This worked perfectly for my two plates. 
Photobucket
I traced my plates on the back of my paper. This gave me a better idea of the size of the plate. I am a visual person, but quite lame when it comes to using rulers and measuring. This is my way of measuring. If you are skilled with a ruler, all the more power to you, I am just not in that boat.
Photobucket
I cut my square about 2 inches in from where I had traced my plate.
Photobucket
I hot glued it down and added some rosettes.
This plate I did for Bowdabra 
Photobucket
And this was one for me
Photobucket
Here is how they look in my home. Excuse the crooked pictures and messy coat rack, so not blog worthy. I have no clue what is up with that.
 Photobucket
And there you have it. A simple project to help bring 
a little more Halloween fun into your home.
Later Gators! 

Check out more Halloween fun over at Blissful and Domestic.

Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Browse my Pinterest 
Follow me with BlogLovin Send Me an E-mail Link up at My Party

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails