PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Andes Mint Filled Cookies

Can you believe it is Thanksgiving in a week?
It is a good thing I don't have to make a turkey,
because I'm not ready for it!!!

I went from making tons of pumpkin treats right to Christmas treats...
and Thanksgiving isn't even here.
I am messed up I tell ya!!!

I blame it on all my Facebook friends who are posting
about listening to Christmas music
and putting up their decorations!
It is making me want lots and lots of peppermint:-)

So if you were hoping for a pumpkin treat today...
you are out of luck.
But I have you covered for all the cookie swaps
you get invited to:-)


Andes Mint Filled Cookies

1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. instant coffee
6 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. water
1 c. chocolate chips
1 egg

In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the sugar, butter, coffee, and water until melted. Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Pour into a bowl and cool 10 minutes. Stir in egg, flour, and baking soda. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for an hour or until able to roll. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on an un-greased baking sheet. Bake 9 minutes. Cool. Fill with chocolate mint frosting.

Andes Mint Frosting
1/2 can chocolate frosting
1/2 c. andes mint chips
drop of peppermint extract

Stir together. Fill 2 cookies.

Happy Holidays!!!

Jocelyn

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing and I'll be making them for a Christmas party this weekend! :) Just one question, you've got coffee in the ingredients but I can't see it used in the method. Does it just go in the saucepan with other ingredients! :) Thanks x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails